Thanks to our FIGHT & FLIGHT respond our body responds physically the same way to stress and fear as it responds to true physical danger. During a perceived danger our digestive system and immune system stop working, our brain can no longer think clearly, our muscles cramp up, our hormones stop working and our heart rate speeds up.
Once we experience chronic DANGER or should I say “ STRESS”, our adrenals turn from overdrive to exhaustion and we end up with insomnia, irregular blood pressure, indigestion, chronic infections, blood sugar fluctuations, infertility, mood swings and weight gain. With adrenal exhaustion we live in a constant feeling of EXHAUSTION. Our mind is constantly in a blank, and we have difficulties to find excitement within our daily life. Usually around this time addictions to food, sugar, fat, salt, alcohol, coffee and chocolate are on an ultimate high. Our addictions distract us from our daily worries, problems, fears and disappointments.
WE PHYSICALLY ABSORB OUR OWN FEELINGS AND EMOTIONS- GOOD OR BAD
Deep seated disappointments, fears, anger, regrets are sabotaging our health. Did you know that every single thought has a physical impact on the body? Every time we have a thought or feeling, our body releases tiny chemical proteins called neuropeptides. There are more than a thousand different neuropeptides- each triggering its own specific physiological effect. When our mental and emotional state is out of balance, the resulting neuropeptides cause physical symptoms to appear.
Here are just few examples from my emotional iridology studies that show the relationship between mind and body:
· IBS: these symptoms are common in people who would rather not discuss or reveal their true feelings.
· Mouth: involves finding something hard to swallow.
· PANCREAS: weakness in the pancreas can occur if somebody does not feel loved, nurtured, needed, appreciated, acknowledged or rewarded.
· SKIN: somebody is getting” UNDER YOUR SKIN”!
· KIDNEY: storage of deep seated Emotions or negative experiences. Inability to forgive- It “PISSED YOU OFF”.
· BREAST: breast issue is related to NURTURING.
· HEART: emotional issues, depression- IT IS BREAKING MY HEART!
· GALLBLADDER: hatred, bitterness and anger
· Headache: due to not listening to your own deep needs and gut feelings
· PAIN in the NECK: not forgiving yourself of having made a mistake